Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What's your favorite forum software?

Heatman

Apprentice
Credits
There are so many forum software which webmasters can use to set up their community but if I should choose my own personal favourite, it's definitely going to be XenForo. Even though it's paid and expensive, the features it offers is worth the money.

There are so many forum software which webmasters can use to set up their community but if I should choose my own personal favourite, it's definitely going to be XenForo. Even though it's paid and expensive, the features it offers is worth the money.

XenForo has been a popular choice amongst forum owners because of the unique features and permissions that you can get from using it. So, it is still my choice as well. I think it is better than most of the other other forum software.

XenForo has been a popular choice amongst forum owners because of the unique features and permissions that you can get from using it. So, it is still my choice as well. I think it is better than most of the other other forum software.
The only forum software that I have looked at and liked it a little bit more the same way I liked them XenForo is Invision Community Software.

Xenforo is my favorite forum software. I’ve used Smf,, Vbulletin in the past and I also messed around with IPB, however, Xenforo still remains my favorite.

For free forum software nothing beats SMF. As for paid, I like both Woltlab Suite as well as Xenforo. I used to really like IPS back in the days of IPB 3, but now it's a bit expensive for my tastes and it's a bit bloated. I used to like vBulletin for a little bit too, but it's gone downhill.

For a paid forum software, it's going to be also XenForo I'd choose as my favorite. It's the king of the jungle if you're looking for paid forum softwares.

I am 100% in love with and loyal to Invision (IPS, IPB, IC, or whatever abbreviation they are using currently). I've been with them since 2013.

Jcink in terms of free software because it gives me the most nostalgia for the days of Zathyus Networks and I can work with it well.

Xenforo in terms of paid software because it seems so feature-packed, clean & crisp, and has a large user base.

Jcink in terms of free software because it gives me the most nostalgia for the days of Zathyus Networks and I can work with it well.

Xenforo in terms of paid software because it seems so feature-packed, clean & crisp, and has a large user base.
I've seen your forum set up with Jcink, it does look good to be honest. If I should ever have the need to explore outside XenForo, I'll be willing to give Jcink a good run.

I've seen your forum set up with Jcink, it does look good to be honest. If I should ever have the need to explore outside XenForo, I'll be willing to give Jcink a good run.
Regardless of how old Jcink is it's still a good option if you don't want to take the self-hosted route. I understand most people want more control over their forum, but with some coding magic, your forum can go a long way on Jcink. I have beefed up the features on my board so much through coding customizations, which is one reason it may stand out a bit more compared to some Jcink forums.

Regardless of how old Jcink is it's still a good option if you don't want to take the self-hosted route. I understand most people want more control over their forum, but with some coding magic, your forum can go a long way on Jcink. I have beefed up the features on my board so much through coding customizations, which is one reason it may stand out a bit more compared to some Jcink forums.
I've seen all the work and efforts you've been putting on your project since last year or last two years if I remembered correctly till now, it have been very good.

I've seen all the work and efforts you've been putting on your project since last year or last two years if I remembered correctly till now, it have been very good.
Thanks, I like to create as many resources that can come to mind. Thankfully, a lot of people help along the way by requesting things that can only be done with coding and it helps build my resource empire to an even greater extent.

Thanks, I like to create as many resources that can come to mind. Thankfully, a lot of people help along the way by requesting things that can only be done with coding and it helps build my resource empire to an even greater extent.
Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep doing what you're doing, with time everything will keep coming together and boost your growth. It's never easy to be successful as a coder or a webmaster.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep doing what you're doing, with time everything will keep coming together and boost your growth. It's never easy to be successful as a coder or a webmaster.
Good point, it takes a lot of dedication and expertise to excel at something, and the more you do it, you'll usually excel to an even greater extent.

Good point, it takes a lot of dedication and expertise to excel at something, and the more you do it, you'll usually excel to an even greater extent.
Exactly. They say practice brings about perfection in whatever you do and that's not a wrong assessment. The more you give it a go, the more you become a pro at it.

This depends for me as to whether it is premium forum software or free forum software that I use.

If I am using premium, my favourite is Xenforo. I love how much you have available on Xenforo straight out of the box so to speak without the need of add-ons at first.

When it comes to free forum software, that would have to be MyBB for me. I have always found MyBB to be similar in a sense to Xenforo in how it is used from the backend and the front end.

Back