Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What's your favorite means for receiving payment?

Heatman

Apprentice
Credits
As a freelancer, working is not really the problem but being able to get your payment after working is one of the biggest challenges most people have as a freelancer.

Most people don't have access to PayPal which makes it very difficult for them to work and get paid. It is the reason why the option of cryptocurrency payment is craved by a lot of freelancers out there.

Personally, I prefer getting payments through crypto because of the less charges it comes with when compared with PayPal.

What's your favorite means of getting paid as a freelancer?

Cryptocurrency in Litecoin is my favourite means of receiving payments but most clients prefer to pay using PayPal in order to have buyer's protection. This is why I use both PayPal and Litecoin as my favorite means of being paid.

There are fewer fees with receiving money on cryptocurrency, and that is my favourite means of receiving payment. I enjoy it a lot, and that is the reason I encourage most of my clients to pay me via cryptocurrency.

There are fewer fees with receiving money on cryptocurrency, and that is my favourite means of receiving payment. I enjoy it a lot, and that is the reason I encourage most of my clients to pay me via cryptocurrency.
I'm happy that now more clients are adopting paying with cryptocurrency. 2 years ago, they don't no matter how much you plead for them to help you out even when they can do it, they just won't care.

PayPal is the only means of receiving payment I've ever used. I generally don't accept payment via PayPal anymore due to people being able to file chargebacks as it has been done to me in the past. I mainly use PayPal for eBay payments. I don't necessarily do much/any paid work anyway, most of my work is done freely for those who need me to share my wealth of knowledge.

One of my favourite means to get paid as a freelancer is via PayPal, this is because it is reliable and I guess the only gripe I have with PayPal is the fees can be quite high.

I have recently started accepting cryptocurrency as well which has helped me gain more clients who prefer to pay using crypto.

PayPal would have been my favorite payment method but due to certain restrictions, we are not allowed to use PayPal here. The payment method I use is cryptocurrency, especially Litecoin. I have been using Litecoin for a long time now. One thing I love about it is that I can easily convert my coins to my local cash and the transaction fees for Litecoin is very small.

I have always used crypto to get payments for my freelancing gigs. There are few times that I accept Payeer. That is when crypto is a challenge to the client. It is only once that I have received payment for a freelancing gig using PayPal. Crypto is easy for me to convert to fiat and it is accessible for most people in the world. That's why it is my preferred method of payment.

My favourite means of receiving payment is crypto but in the absence of that, I use PayPal or Cashapp. These means of payments are convenient and safe.
A lot freelancer will always be willing to choose getting paid through cryptocurrency because it's less fees to pay on their side. PayPal is definitely strong and reliable but their fees is outrageous.

I really think that crypto has added much needed inclusivity to the freelancing space. Before the advent of crypto, I wasn't able to offer freelance services because of payment methods. Another payment method that I have used to receive payments to great effect in my freelancing journey is WISE. I get my payments with it straight to my local bank account. One of the most important things to discuss with a client is the payment method and that is before you accept a gig. Make sure the payment method chosen is favourable to you the freelancer.

I receive payments by different means of payment because sometimes I adapt to those provided by the client himself, but if I have to choose a preferred means of payment it is cryptocurrencies since it is more comfortable and cheaper for me to use them, more than for example PayPal that takes a good percentage of money with each payment, or even Payeer, Payoneer, or any other payment method.

Back