Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What's your motive behind creating a forum?

Ja sa bong

Apprentice
Credits
There is a reason behind every forum project started by a webmaster. It's either to make money or hold up memories in contents on the site that will never be lost. I've seen those who started a forum with zero interest in trying to make money from it. They don't monetize the forum no matter how big it gets because they're not doing it for money but as a hobby.

What's your motive behind creating a forum?

I enjoy the structure and organization of a forum over any other platform, plus I wanted to make a community to connect with other people. For Gex Forums, I noticed there was only a Discord and subreddit for the series, but I felt that there should be a traditional forum as well. Especially since Gex is old school, and probably could have had a forum for the series back in the day. Thee Zone was created originally as VG Challenges, but since I had other forums similar to that one I just merged them.

I enjoy the structure and organization of a forum over any other platform, plus I wanted to make a community to connect with other people. For Gex Forums, I noticed there was only a Discord and subreddit for the series, but I felt that there should be a traditional forum as well. Especially since Gex is old school, and probably could have had a forum for the series back in the day. Thee Zone was created originally as VG Challenges, but since I had other forums similar to that one I just merged them.
I see managing a managing a forum like running a town or city of your own but with different variables in form of managing engagements. As the forum grow, it would be like your young town is growing.

Running a resource board, my motive is to provide for those with less knowledge than me by using my knowledge to do so.

Running a resource board, my motive is to provide for those with less knowledge than me by using my knowledge to do so.
I know it can be very satisfying doing this right. When you know that you're impacting knowledge about something on others. It's like helping them to grow.

My motive for creating my forum is to provide a place and resource for all virtual pet/simulation players to unite in an online community. This niche has been a passion of mine since I was a teenager, and I have always wanted to share my passion and hobby with others.

I know it can be very satisfying doing this right. When you know that you're impacting knowledge about something on others. It's like helping them to grow.
It can be very gratifying knowing you're using your knowledge to help others. Helping others gives a great feeling of accomplishment that you're doing good for the betterment of others.

Any forum I have opened up and created, there has always been a motive behind me doing so and that motive is to give those who enjoy forums a place to be and share their opinions, meet other like-minded forumers and just enjoy talking amongst each other without that worry of being put down or made to feel like you can't be yourself.

It can be very gratifying knowing you're using your knowledge to help others. Helping others gives a great feeling of accomplishment that you're doing good for the betterment of others.
Exactly. It’s one of the best feelings ever. I don’t know where I’d be today if I never got involved with building forums.

Back