Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What's your preferred coding language and why?

Cedric

Agora Founder
Staff member
Administration
Credits
Every developer has a preferred coding language that they turn to for various projects. Whether it’s because of its efficiency, versatility, or community support, your favorite language says a lot about your coding style and preferences. Let’s share our preferred coding languages and discuss what makes them stand out.

Questions to Discuss:

1. Your Go-To Language:
    • What is your preferred coding language and why do you favor it over others?
    • How long have you been using this language, and how did you first get introduced to it?
  2. Advantages and Features:
    • What are the key advantages and standout features of this language?
    • Are there specific use cases or projects where this language particularly excels?
  3. Challenges and Limitations:
    • What challenges or limitations have you encountered while using this language?
    • How do you overcome these challenges in your projects?
  4. Learning Curve and Resources:
    • How steep was the learning curve when you first started with this language?
    • What resources (books, courses, websites) do you recommend for someone wanting to learn this language?
  5. Community and Ecosystem:
    • How strong is the community support for this language?
    • Are there any notable libraries, frameworks, or tools that enhance your development experience with this language?
  6. Comparisons with Other Languages:
    • How does this language compare to other languages you have used?
    • In what scenarios would you choose a different language over your preferred one?
  7. Real-World Applications:
    • Share examples of real-world applications or projects you have built using this language.
    • How did this language contribute to the success of these projects?
Join the Discussion:

Share your experiences, insights, and reasons for preferring your chosen coding language. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, your input can help others discover new languages and understand their unique benefits.

Frankly speaking, coding and programing isn't one of greatest suits. It's why I never paid much attention to it. I have only messed with the programming language Python. I didn't do much with it though and I have no further interest in dabbling into it.

JavaScript for life! I love the front-end side of things, so JavaScript will always be my go-to language. I love doing JavaScript work for free forum software as I have done on InvisionFree, ZetaBoards, and now Jcink.

JavaScript for life! I love the front-end side of things, so JavaScript will always be my go-to language. I love doing JavaScript work for free forum software as I have done on InvisionFree, ZetaBoards, and now Jcink.
I have heard a lot of good things about JavaScript which makes me believe that those programmers who are working with it are truly enjoying it. I never looking into trying to use it anyways 🤣

I have heard a lot of good things about JavaScript which makes me believe that those programmers who are working with it are truly enjoying it. I never looking into trying to use it anyways 🤣
I’m not much of a coder either. I can code a few things, but that’s about it. I’ma try to learn to do more soon.

I have heard a lot of good things about JavaScript which makes me believe that those programmers who are working with it are truly enjoying it. I never looking into trying to use it anyways
Don't get me wrong, I love JavaScript, but if it weren't for jQuery I wouldn't be where I am today. jQuery is how I pretty much learned JavaScript to an even greater extent. There is still plenty I don't know about JavaScript, but it feels like a constant learning cycle that never ends.

Don't get me wrong, I love JavaScript, but if it weren't for jQuery I wouldn't be where I am today. jQuery is how I pretty much learned JavaScript to an even greater extent. There is still plenty I don't know about JavaScript, but it feels like a constant learning cycle that never ends.
The learning never ends if you want to be that good. It's one thing I know about programming and it's somehow touches on other aspects of life. The more you learn is the more you improve.

The learning never ends if you want to be that good. It's one thing I know about programming and it's somehow touches on other aspects of life. The more you learn is the more you improve.
There's no doubt about that, your knowledge can build daily if you apply yourself with the proper resources and learning tools to improve. I'm lazy, unmotivated, and somewhat old-school when it comes to learning new languages which is probably why I haven't tried applying myself to learning libraries and frameworks such as React, Node.js, and Angular.

There's no doubt about that, your knowledge can build daily if you apply yourself with the proper resources and learning tools to improve. I'm lazy, unmotivated, and somewhat old-school when it comes to learning new languages which is probably why I haven't tried applying myself to learning libraries and frameworks such as React, Node.js, and Angular.
Never say never. You may wake up one day and have an attitude change towards everything and that's going push you into exploring all of the others you had neglected.

Never say never. You may wake up one day and have an attitude change towards everything and that's going push you into exploring all of the others you had neglected.
That's true, though I've never had much use for such frameworks/libraries due to my primary means of coding being on free non-self-hosted message board services. Don't get me wrong, a front-end developer career would be awesome, but there's just so much to learn and a fast-paced market that keeps changing and growing.

That's true, though I've never had much use for such frameworks/libraries due to my primary means of coding being on free non-self-hosted message board services. Don't get me wrong, a front-end developer career would be awesome, but there's just so much to learn and a fast-paced market that keeps changing and growing.
I perfectly understand how the market keeps changing makes it very challenging to keep up but I also know that there's nothing impossible if you set your mind on it. You will always find a way to have a breakthrough.

I perfectly understand how the market keeps changing makes it very challenging to keep up but I also know that there's nothing impossible if you set your mind on it. You will always find a way to have a breakthrough.
You're not wrong, that's for sure! I'm sure I could learn a lot more if I applied myself, but right now I'm just happy helping fellow webmasters with my current experience.

My coding primarily involves HTML and CSS, which is why I ventured into theme development for forums. I have a basic understanding of PHP, but that's pretty much the extent of it. I opted for HTML and CSS because those were the languages I began with when I first started coding.

My coding primarily involves HTML and CSS, which is why I ventured into theme development for forums. I have a basic understanding of PHP, but that's pretty much the extent of it. I opted for HTML and CSS because those were the languages I began with when I first started coding.
What are your thoughts on Tailwind CSS? Are you familiar with it?

My primary go to is Php. Im proficient in vanilla JS but would prefer it to be strictly typed without the need for TS. I know a little Python and even less Ruby. I hate UX/UI programming. I can do it, but I would really REALLY rather not.

What are your thoughts on Tailwind CSS? Are you familiar with it?
I do not like it. For several reasons. The tech overhead for getting started with it is large. It, iirc, requires a build step. My number one rule for anything that is going to be added to my tech stack is no REQUIRED build step. I do not want to use 3 frameworks. If the css framework comes with its own cli tooling that should be a sign to steer clear. I would suggest checking out Pico css ;)

I do not like it. For several reasons. The tech overhead for getting started with it is large. It, iirc, requires a build step. My number one rule for anything that is going to be added to my tech stack is no REQUIRED build step. I do not want to use 3 frameworks. If the css framework comes with its own cli tooling that should be a sign to steer clear. I would suggest checking out Pico css ;)
I understand your concerns about Tailwind CSS. I'll suggest Pico CSS as a great alternative. This offers lightweight with much more simpler learning curve.

Back