Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Word counters

Bizdustry

Apprentice
Credits
Do you use a word counter to see how many words your writing piece is? There are a few online websites that provide this service. I don’t really see the need to unless a client asks for a minimum of 500 words let’s say. What about you?

No, I don’t use a word counter to see how many words are in an article that I write. I just go with the flow.

The Word counter is very useful for meeting client requirements, or it could be to track your progress too. But I still think that it might stifle creativity. I preffer to focus on content quality over quantity and that's the best.

one of the reasons that I use Microsoft word to write is so that I can utilize the Word Counter. It is very important for me to use a word counter because it helps me to structure my work paragraph by paragraph.

I use Google Docs which has a word counter within it, but if I use it depends on the case. I do not check the word counter if I am doing my own writing. I just let the ideas flow and write as much as I can to ensure the content is as complete as possible.

In any case, editing and proofreading oftentimes reduces the final count, so I do not see much use for a counter in these use cases.

However, I use a word counter for client work to ensure I am hitting set word counts.

Yes i do, i usually use this online tool:
Code:
https://pinetools.com/count-words
Best to know hoy many (minimum) words you already have; good for Seo.

I use Google Docs which has a word counter within it, but if I use it depends on the case. I do not check the word counter if I am doing my own writing. I just let the ideas flow and write as much as I can to ensure the content is as complete as possible.

In any case, editing and proofreading oftentimes reduces the final count, so I do not see much use for a counter in these use cases.

However, I use a word counter for client work to ensure I am hitting set word counts.

I see this has a great approach. Using Google Docs' word counter for client work makes a lot of sense to me as it’ll help you meet specific requirements.

Any word processor that doesn't have a word counter would not get me to use it. A word counter is very important for me as a writer to track and see my writing progress.

Back