Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Content writing are not that lucrative anymore

anindita@63

Newcomer
Credits
Content writing is not lucrative anymore in India. 15 years back I earned quite well writing educational content and articles too. However most paid content writing works in India are scams or the employers are cheats. Some employers get the work done and don't pay. Some don't give proper guidelines and keep battering for several improvements. So earning as a freelance writer is very low.

I know what you mean. I’ve read countless of posts where people don’t get paid.
It’s hard to find a trustworthy platform, so I’m hoping with Agora we can really make a name for ourselves being trustworthy.

The rise of scams and unethical clients have made freelance writing very challenging. Right now, I'm also trying to explore alternative niches that might offer better pay and working conditions.

I think the reading culture is dying out and people are more aligned to visual and audio visual contents. But I know written contents won't completely fizzle out. It would just find it's level and resilient content writers would benefit in the long run.

I think the reading culture is dying out and people are more aligned to visual and audio visual contents. But I know written contents won't completely fizzle out. It would just find it's level and resilient content writers would benefit in the long run.
I agree with you. I see the rise of visual and audiovisual content as hiderance and it has indeed shifted the landscape significantly. But that is not to say that written content still do not holds value, it does, especially for in-depth analysis, education, and storytelling.

We keep climbing for a better world, but the truth is that as long as humans exist in this world things won't get better. Why would you employ the service of a writer and not pay?

There are scams and that's what making online earnings difficult. Also the use of AI has made things difficult for the content writers.

Back