Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you always maintain delivering on your expected time of delivery?

Heatman

Apprentice
Credits
When it comes to working as a freelancer, it's something I do with all deligence because I don't fancy having a bad review on any of my listing. This is why I always work with a deadline time of delivery. I'll not be pushed to deliver any job before the time I'm supposed to unless it's what I want to do at will.

Some clients can be too pressing for their jobs to be delivered sooner but once it's not what we agreed on, I'll never do it. I don't like working under any pressure because that causes you to make lots of mistakes.

For me, it is better I don't accept a gig at all than accept and fail to deliver within timeframe. That would have soiled your reputation entirely and make you to lose clients/ referrals. When once I get a gig, I start working on it right away. I double my inputs on the gig as dateline approaches to make sure I deliver on schedule. Unless I am critically ill would I miss dateline for my freelancing services. And I must communicate to the client with evidences.

What I do is basically strive to deliver on time, but I know that unforeseen circumstances can arise. But I try to manage expectations, and I make sure to communicate regularly with my clients, especially if I'm running behind schedule.

I always deliver on time, but I have a code for that. I always overestimate the time I need by 25%. Say I need three hours to finish something, I will say I need four.

This does two things. It gives me enough time to deliver the best products and services, and it impresses the client if I am able to a "four-hour" job in three hours.

However, this is for project based work. For hourly work, I try to be as accurate as possible with the estimates and deliver on time because not doing this soils relationships.

I always deliver on time, but I have a code for that. I always overestimate the time I need by 25%. Say I need three hours to finish something, I will say I need four.

This does two things. It gives me enough time to deliver the best products and services, and it impresses the client if I am able to a "four-hour" job in three hours.

However, this is for project based work. For hourly work, I try to be as accurate as possible with the estimates and deliver on time because not doing this soils relationships.
That's a clever approach! That is why it is advisable to have a schedule that will allow you deliver quality work and impress the clients. I make sure to also differentiate between project-based and hourly employees. This has really helped me deliver on time.

For me, it is better I don't accept a gig at all than accept and fail to deliver within timeframe. That would have soiled your reputation entirely and make you to lose clients/ referrals. When once I get a gig, I start working on it right away. I double my inputs on the gig as dateline approaches to make sure I deliver on schedule. Unless I am critically ill would I miss dateline for my freelancing services. And I must communicate to the client with evidences.

This is good and a nice way to approach handling different kinds of projects that we wish to do. Personally, I focus more on ensuring that I do a good job and should I need an extra time, I work towards seeking that from the client so that we be on the same page.

Back