Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you have someone else proofread your work before you publish it?

Ravenfreak

Apprentice
Credits
Sometimes when we go to write an article for a website you can get lost in your own work and it can be difficult to pinpoint any grammatical errors or spelling errors while double checking your work. Having another pair of eyes can help you when writing articles, remember you want your work to be as professional as possible. Your readers come to your website or blog to get information for the niche you're writing for. So I ask, do you have someone else proofreading your work before you publish it? Sometimes I have my wife help me when I write articles on my blog, just to double check and make sure my articles are easy to read and are free from spelling and grammatical errors.

I tend to proofread my writing after I have completed it. I am very particular with my work and find it better for me to proofread my work as many times as I feel is necessary until I get it right and everything seems good to go.

If I ever feel I would need someone else to proofread, I would not be against it but I prefer to try myself first before asking others.

It will be a lot of work for me if I have to find someone else every time I have a written work. I take the time myself to proofread and edit my work.

Reflecting on my journey as a content writer for over ten years, I realize that I used to underestimate the value of proofreading. I would often write content without thoroughly reviewing it, which I now recognize as a big mistake. This error could lead to typos, grammatical mistakes, or even factual inaccuracies. Without a doubt, they can undermine the quality and credibility of the content. However, with time, I have grasped the significance of proofreading. Presently, I always make sure to carefully proofread my work before submitting it to my client. Upon completing a piece, I have developed the habit of allowing myself a break of a few hours, or even a day, especially if the deadline permits. While I personally perform the process of proofreading, I do acknowledge that having someone else provide this service would be immensely beneficial, saving me a substantial amount of time and effort. I hope someone can do it for free, but nothing is free in this world anymore. LOL

That is not necessary. I am not even sure I would want to pay anyone to do that, and I don't know who would want to do it for free. I proofread and do my own editing.

I have not really found someone around me who is that proficient to read my writings before I publish. I resort to using digital tools for proofreading. I use Grammarly keyboard first of all to write. From there, I move the writing to Scribbens grammar checker tool. That is in case Grammarly missed any error. After that, I use another tool called Natural Readers to read aloud the writing to my hearing in different accents. That helps to catch errors in punctation And finally, I use the Quillbot Grammar checker to do a final check. With all of these checks, I don't think I need a human proofreader again.

I write a lot of articles. It is not possible to ask anyone to read and proofread my articles. Therefore, I use language improvement tools like Grammarly to proof read my articles. However, when I am writing books and ebooks, I always ask people to read my books. My sister and her husband are English language graduates.

I write a lot of articles. It is not possible to ask anyone to read and proofread my articles. Therefore, I use language improvement tools like Grammarly to proof read my articles. However, when I am writing books and ebooks, I always ask people to read my books. My sister and her husband are English language graduates.
I use the practical approach. Grammarly is my go-to tool for my articles. It help make sense out of my articles. And you’re so lucky to have English language graduates at your disposal. It'll streamline your work and make it easier.

I proof and edit my work myself. However, I have let an editor. Heck my work before submitting. Sometimes I get compost in the work that I miss some things that are painfully obvious to other people.
Things like repeating phrases or wording sentences in a weird way. I mostly catch those, but an editor sometimes can catch more than you think

When I got orders for paid writing work through Iwriter, I would usually try to proofread the articles myself before publishing. There was no one I knew who would proofread the articles and I also could not afford to pay for the service.

When I got orders for paid writing work through Iwriter, I would usually try to proofread the articles myself before publishing. There was no one I knew who would proofread the articles and I also could not afford to pay for the service.
It is a good practice to self-edit, but using professional Editors will save the day as they bring new perspectives.

Sometimes when we go to write an article for a website you can get lost in your own work and it can be difficult to pinpoint any grammatical errors or spelling errors while double checking your work. Having another pair of eyes can help you when writing articles, remember you want your work to be as professional as possible. Your readers come to your website or blog to get information for the niche you're writing for. So I ask, do you have someone else proofreading your work before you publish it? Sometimes I have my wife help me when I write articles on my blog, just to double check and make sure my articles are easy to read and are free from spelling and grammatical errors.
Yes I do and I find it very helpful

Back