Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you research before you start writing?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
Something I have gotten myself into the habit of doing is always researching the topic I will be writing about before I start writing. I find if I research the topic first, I can provide more detail that is right in a quicker time than I would if I researched whilst writing.

When you write, do you prefer to research first or during?

When I first started my writing journey, my focus was primarily on expressing my personal thoughts and feelings through my blog. At that time, I mainly shared my own experiences related to travel and makeup products, without exploring deeply into extensive research. However, as I transitioned into a career as a content writer, I slowly recognized the key role that thorough research plays in creating compelling and reliable content. Consequently, I have adopted a commitment to conducting comprehensive research prior to initiating any writing project. I firmly believe that the information presented in my work must be rooted in verifiable facts and kept current to uphold its credibility. I have come to understand that confirming my claims with well-researched evidence not only boosts the accuracy of my content but also significantly boosts its persuasiveness. Ultimately, I have come to regard research as the cornerstone of effective writing, recognizing its imperative role in ensuring the integrity and impact of any written piece. Therefore, I have embraced the principle that careful research is non-negotiable in the writing process.

Absolutely! I make research a crucial step in my writing process. I make sure to gather credible sources and facts to build a very strong foundation for my content.

Research does not only adds credibility to your work but also helps you to understand different perspectives. I like to take notes and organize my thoughts before I started to write.

There is no writing that I start without doing at least a basic research. Even if it is a a field that I currently practice, I must do some research before I write. Doing a research pre writing helps me to write authoritatively. I use so many tools to research my writing. Ranging from journals and publications. I also use AI tools to get expanded information before I start a writing task.

It depends on the topic I'm going to talk about, that is, if I know enough I don't need research or at least not much (because I've already done it previously) if it's a topic that I don't have so much knowledge about or I need to refresh my memory a little, I'll do a little research before publishing anything.

Yes, I do research. I research on topics that I am unsure about. A little bit of topic research can help you write your own unique article without copying what others have already wrote.

It depends. If it is a topic I know a lot about or that I have worked on recently, I do not need to research.

However I do light to heavy research depending on recency and how often the domain I am writing in changes.

For example, I cannot guarantee something I said in a tech article two weeks ago would be accurate today because that industry changes so fast.
However, I can be fairly certain that what I said in a health or law article will likely be accurate a year from now

It depends on the topic on which I have to write and how much I am being paid. If I have written a large number of articles on the topic or am familiar with the topic, I do not waste time researching. I have not got any paid writing work in the last one year, if I am paid well, I will definitely do some research.

Of course, it is very important to do research before posting to avoid grammar errors, plagiarism, and the word count that might be required by every poster. It is also very important to post genuine or legit post.

Of course, it is very important to do research before posting to avoid grammar errors, plagiarism, and the word count that might be required by every poster. It is also very important to post genuine or legit post.
That's a good approach! It is very essential to take into account the demand for such types of work. Having said that, I like to write about tech and I see it as a rapidly changing field and consequently requires constant update. So, it needs frequent research.

That's a good approach! It is very essential to take into account the demand for such types of work. Having said that, I like to write about tech and I see it as a rapidly changing field and consequently requires constant update. So, it needs frequent research.
We need to do research especially if the topic is tech-related. We do not memorize all the terms related to technology. it is through a thorough research that we can be accurate,

We need to do research especially if the topic is tech-related. We do not memorize all the terms related to technology. it is through a thorough research that we can be accurate,
I take research has something very important, especially when tackling tech-related topics. I research not only to ensure accuracy but also helps me stay up-to-date with the latest developments.

Back