Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you take communication outside the freelancer site?

Heatman

Apprentice
Credits
Let's assume that you're working with a client you got from any of the freelance websites like Fiverr, Upwork, Seoclerks or even from Promotional Forums like Forum Promotion, how do you manage communication with your clients?

Do you keep all conversions on the site or do you take it away to your preferred means of communication? If you do, which platform do you usually make use of?

Yes, many times, when I have worked long-term with a client I have ended up contacting and keeping in touch with them via email, that means that the client has saved you in their contact list and will probably contact you for future jobs, it all depends on how interested the client is in your services.

I like to have a seamless communication with my client in real time. After we strike a freelance deal for a gig, the communication has to move to Discord. There I would keep the client abreast seamlessly. With it , I would be able to upload project flow for the client to see. Having to open a browser, and load the freelancing site to be able to talk to a client is too cumbersome. Sometimes, I might need to make audio calls with the client. That can't happen on the freelancing site.

When it comes to communicating with clients and potential clients, I tend to keep all communication within the site at first until I get to know my clients better and I know that they are trustworthy.

I have quite a few clients that I now deal with away from the sites I found them on and have had no issues moving away and communicating with them on places such as email or Discord.

Yes, I take communication outside of the freelancer website. It’s just easier to communicate on a platform I regularly use such as WhatsApp or Discord. On the flip side if you communicate by the platform you are covered if anything goes wrong

In most cases, I prefer to keep communication within the freelancer site's platform. I do this often, especially during the initial stages of a project. This will provide a secure and transparent record of our conversation.

Let's assume that you're working with a client you got from any of the freelance websites like Fiverr, Upwork, Seoclerks or even from Promotional Forums like Forum Promotion, how do you manage communication with your clients?

Do you keep all conversions on the site or do you take it away to your preferred means of communication? If you do, which platform do you usually make use of?

I like to keep communications on the freelancing site to avoid having any issues tomorrow. It is basic because some clients may want to play a fast one on you and it is in your best interest to ensure that they don't get that type of chance with you.

No, until I have worked with them on several projects.

Some clients want to take you off the platform so they can chance the terms of the gig or project. Some want to do so to increase the scope of work for the initial amount you agreed on.

These are just two of the most common scenarios I can think of, but the bottom line is that it is never a good idea to go "off-site" with a client before you know them well first.

Last edited:
Yes, until I have worked with them on several projects.

Some clients want to take you off the platform so they can chance the terms of the gig or project. Some want to do so to increase the scope of work for the initial amount you agreed on.

These are just two of the most common scenarios I can think of, but the bottom line is that it is never a good idea to go "off-site" with a client before you know them well first.
Generally, no, it is very necessary to keep communication within the platform as it helps in ensuring transparency and security. Don't forget that it's also good for record-keeping. It helps to prevent miscommunication and also protects against scams.

Back