Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Forum Monetization

Nomad

Novice Trader
Credits
Do you like to monetize forums, what are your favorite monetization options for a forum? Well, I like to monetize forums. Even though I want to monetize my forums through subscriptions and membership I am using Adsense because I have not been able to sell membership/subscriptions. Showing ads makes your forum look cluttered.

Google Adsense is the best option to use when you're interested in having either your forum or blog monetized. It pays better than other services out there. If it's possible to sell membership subscription, it means you have to offer something which is worth paying for by your members before they will be willing to pay for it.

I've tried earning money from one of my forums, but I feel that it doesn't get enough activity for me to earn anything on it. I feel that you can get better ad revenue from a blog rather than a forum these days, unless you have a unique forum. Even then it can be difficult to get approved for services like Ad sense.

I've tried earning money from one of my forums, but I feel that it doesn't get enough activity for me to earn anything on it. I feel that you can get better ad revenue from a blog rather than a forum these days, unless you have a unique forum. Even then it can be difficult to get approved for services like Ad sense.
If you're not having a lot of traffic on your forum, it's going to be a tough work to earn from it even if you have Adsense account or any other advertisers like InfoLinks. It's a lot more easier to do it on blogs than forums.

One of the ways I like to monetize a forum is through user upgrades that I offer so that members have the option of being able to receive incentives for helping with the running of the forum and the costs.

Google Adsense is another option I like to use for monetization purposes but I do feel that you have to tweak that a lot so that your forum is not taken over by ads.

One of the ways I like to monetize a forum is through user upgrades that I offer so that members have the option of being able to receive incentives for helping with the running of the forum and the costs.

Google Adsense is another option I like to use for monetization purposes but I do feel that you have to tweak that a lot so that your forum is not taken over by ads.
You can place ads wherever you'd like with Google AdSense. However, if you choose the 'auto ads' option, Google will automatically place the ads for you.

XenForo has a built-in advertisement feature that allows you to place ads wherever you'd like. In my opinion, this is the best way to monetize your forum without overwhelming it with too many ads.

I've never monetized any of my forums. I may have considered Google AdSense once, but that consideration didn't last long. I've never quite seen my forums as a way to profit, but to enjoy and fulfill myself.

Back