Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Have you ever had your work rejected by a client?

Henrywrites

Apprentice
Credits
Having your work being rejected by a client can be one of the most challenging situations a freelancer can face. Have you had that kind of experience? How were you able to handle it?

When rejection happens, it's essential not to take it personally. It's always better to use it as an opportunity to learn and grow. You can decide to ask for feedback and also make sure to revise it well enough. It's a yardstick to reducing work rejection by client.

I have never had any rejection, but many times I had to review my work and edit it based on the clients request. I pay close attention to what I do to reduce rejections.

My clients have been disappointed by my submission a couple of times but they have never rejected my work

Not rejection but heavy edits. Sometimes the voice does not match or you do not capture what the client wants to say exactly how they want to say it.

To avoid this, I advise getting as deep as you can during the initiql discussion. Understand what they need and ensure they do too. That is the only way to avoid issues with your clients and submitted work.

When I was writing on Iwriter, though I had 5800+ approved articles, a small number of articles were rejected. If articles are rejected, I would sometimes publish them on my blog network, to update the blogs.

Not rejection but heavy edits. Sometimes the voice does not match or you do not capture what the client wants to say exactly how they want to say it.

To avoid this, I advise getting as deep as you can during the initiql discussion. Understand what they need and ensure they do too. That is the only way to avoid issues with your clients and submitted work.
It can be very challenging but it is good to know that you learn from it. I seriously agree with your recommendations about covering all the possible issues at the beginning of the communication with the client. It make things seamless.

Back