Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How did you learn CSS?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
CSS was not something I started to learn until long after I started to learn HTML which was something I started to learn when I was around 14/15 years old and I used Geocities to build websites.

CSS I only started to learn after I started creating and running forums when I wanted to change elements on themes and such, I was surprised at how easy CSS was.

How did you learn CSS?

Similar to HTML, by using online resources and trial and error.

I also made extensive use of browser developer tools.

CSS was surprisingly easy in my opinion. I used to make forum skins and got quite good at it. I do remember the first few skins that I made, that sometimes contained codes from other people, who were better than me.

But we all start somewhere! :)

I think the more I became acquainted with HTML, the more CSS I started to learn because I had to find ways to style my elements. Both go hand in hand, so it wasn’t too hard to pick them both up while building HTML elements.

I think the more I became acquainted with HTML, the more CSS I started to learn because I had to find ways to style my elements. Both go hand in hand, so it wasn’t too hard to pick them both up while building HTML elements.
That's a good point. When I was learning HTML, CSS did come up a lot so it felt natural to learn both in tandem.

Completely self-taught.

For the most part, by making InvisionFree skins - each slightly less ugly than the last :P .

Quite interesting I can't say I code but it seems that it's not all that hard to learn I like easy ways to learn something useful for sure

I learned CSS naturally as I completed projects and needed it more and more for that. I also used to customize WordPress themes and that requires a bit of CSS, so that forced me to learn also.

These days, I learn from guys like Kevin on YouTube. If you search for Kevin CSS on YouTube, you will find the guy I am talking about.

If you are learning frontend development, there are now numerous platforms where you can code projects of varying difficulty to that will teach you the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript skills you need to become one.

Back