Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How did you learn HTML?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
HTML was something I learned very early on in my creating websites. I always remember I started out using Geocities to create my first websites and I used a lot of HTML when doing that and learned what I know today through trial and error.

I know there is still so much more I could learn regarding HTML, but what I know so far helps me out a great deal.

How did you learn HTML?

I was creating basic announcement boxes and tables on InvisionFree and I started becoming acquainted with HTML the more I used it on my message board and in assisting people.

I started out with resources such as MDN and W3Schools.

And just as mentioned, I also learned a lot by trying things out through trial and error.

By working through "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Web Page", back in 2004.

It was pretty outdated even then, though... when I went online, people told me my HTML was obsolete!

I am watching a lot of videos online and I gave some materials that I read as well. I am also on coding and programming platforms where I learn from professionals.

A friend of mine in school gave me some well explained video clips that touched everything about HTML. That was when I newly developed interest in coding. Of course, I also made use of YouTube and helpful research materials.

I used online tutorials to learn HTML and I also do a lot of experimentation too. I'll recommend Codecademy's HTML course.

It was more than 15 years ago. I am unsure how it all started but I know I had passion for making stuff on PC work and perhaps it started like that.

I've read bits and pieces of a lot of the "For Dummies" series myself. I have a few of the eBooks on my iPhone.
Yeah, I had "C++ for Dummies" as well.

I think "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Web Page" pre-dated the "For Dummies" series, but the premise was certainly similar!

I think "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating a Web Page" pre-dated the "For Dummies" series, but the premise was certainly similar!
I never see those "The Complete Idiot's Guide" books anymore, but the "For Dummies" books are everywhere. I've not read through any of my coding books extensively enough, but I like the "For Dummies" series and O'Reilly Media when it comes to learning via books.

It was more than 15 years ago. I am unsure how it all started but I know I had passion for making stuff on PC work and perhaps it started like that.
I originally started coding html when I was 14. I learned how to from w3schools.

Yeah, I had "C++ for Dummies" as well.

Never knew you were so into programming. ;)

I start with the basics and that involves nnderstanding the HTML structure, tags, and attributes and I also use the online tutorials like Codecademy, FreeCodeCamp, and W3Schools.

I got into html at college. A very daunting experience. I thought I would never understand it. Yet today I can code html css with my eyes closed... I love coding for the experience of always learning something new and the flexibility of control. You almost feel like a superhuman of the digital space haha.

I see schools now implement this from early grades, even javascript.. It is amazing to see the progression of the digital space today.

I learned HTML mainly as a self-taught, but some time later I did a 2-year course in computer science where I learned much more about HTML and also CSS and javascript, so it has been both obtaining an official degree and self-taught.

I would say that the most I learned was in the computer course because the study lasted longer.

I got into html at college. A very daunting experience. I thought I would never understand it. Yet today I can code html css with my eyes closed... I love coding for the experience of always learning something new and the flexibility of control. You almost feel like a superhuman of the digital space haha.

I see schools now implement this from early grades, even javascript.. It is amazing to see the progression of the digital space today.
Based on my experience, I noticed that the feeling of control and constant learning is indeed very empowering and it makes you feel like a superhuman. Trust me, I know the feeling because I've been there.

Back