Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How do you handle criticism?

Naza

Apprentice
Credits
It is not always easy to be faced with criticism. I mean, when people begin to correct your actions and words, maybe in a way that you don't like. How do you get to handle that kind of situation? Do you get angry and flare up, or do you take them in good faith?

Is it constructive and in good faith? I can probably handle it decently. Is it downright hateful and degrading? I would probably be fuming.

I used to be terrible at taking any kind of criticism but I slowly learned to take any criticism that I received and look at it as a positive rather than a negative.

Constructive criticism that is given in good faith is always something I like to hear now as it helps me improve which can only make things better for myself and others.

That is such a great question! For me it all depends on how that criticism is delivered. If someone is giving me helpful criticism in a kind and positive manner than yes I am all for it! However, if someone is going to be demeaning or belittling than I might not be as receptive. I'm huge on treating people right but I also expect people to be to treat me with respect and if they want to try to help me/direct me instead of being negative about it.

The best way is to face your fears. If you have social anxiety, let's say you go to your supermarket and talk to yourself. You get glances, and people whisper that is what we want. The more of this experience you get, the more of a carefree mindset you will get. It is called exsposure.

The best way is to face your fears. If you have social anxiety, let's say you go to your supermarket and talk to yourself. You get glances, and people whisper that is what we want. The more of this experience you get, the more of a carefree mindset you will get. It is called exsposure.

This is very correct. I focus more on getting better at my weaknesses instead of being afraid of them. I used to be a very shy person who can't speak till I began working tirelessly on improving that narrative, and it has helped me so much.

This is very correct. I focus more on getting better at my weaknesses instead of being afraid of them. I used to be a very shy person who can't speak till I began working tirelessly on improving that narrative, and it has helped me so much.
True I got this advice from a therapist pretty cool guy I would say of course it is easier to be said that done but if you really want to you absolutely can

For a couple of years in the past 6 years, I was finding it hard to take criticism nicely, because I was being attacked far too frequently for small stuff that I had little control over. Partly because those people assumed I was someone that had the ability to fix those issues, as it involved me being paid to work for someone that liked to irritate people. Not sure why those people felt the need to attack me for stuff that couldn't be fixed in the way they thought it should have been handled, but whatever. Live and learn.

If it isn't an attack on my personal being for something out of my control, I'd generally consider figuring out ways to work on the issue.

I would say it depends on how the criticism is being rolled out. If I realize that it is done in good faith, just to see an improvement I will welcome it. But if it is the kind that is unjustified, not a chance.

I would say it depends on how the criticism is being rolled out. If I realize that it is done in good faith, just to see an improvement I will welcome it. But if it is the kind that is unjustified, not a chance.
it's very important to be open to constructive criticism becuase it's very valuable for growth and improvement especially when done in good faith.

Personally, I handle criticism very well as long as it is a constructive criticism and not someone just being jealous and envious about whatever progress I am making in life to be attacking me with a useless criticism.

Back