Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How do you stay motivated while coding?

uptrendfinancialsignal

Novice Trader
Credits
Staying motivated while coding can be very challenging. If you want to stay motivated, follow these 3 tips.

1. Break your m tasks into manageable pieces

2. Make sure to set achievable goals

3. Try to collaborate with fellow coders so that you can share knowledge and also learn from each other.

Try to take occasional breaks from your work desk. Take moments to snack, to take a walk and refresh yourself. Working for hours at a stretch can be counterproductive.

Taking breaks and setting goals that you know you can achieve are two of the top ways I have been able to keep myself motivated when I have done any kind of coding. Sitting for too long and pushing yourself to keep going can lead to mistakes and burnout.

Taking breaks I think is the best way to stay motivated working as a programmer, I think that makes you come back with more motivation to your work, at least it is one of the things that works best for me, having exciting projects than working as a programmer can also help a lot in your motivation.

I get burnt out on coding themes but I can code JavaScript codes all day. I suppose that's because the type of coding I do is not a super consistent form of coding, but a sparse one where I create codes based on ideas that pop up in my head, or when people request them, or a support query involves JavaScript. I'm not a paid coder at this time, but I would like to keep giving freelancing a shot to gain funds for my skills, so I imagine that's one reason I don't get burnt out on coding with specific languages so easily.

Celebrating small wins. A sense of accomplishment, no matter how small the accomplishment, can keep you motivated. It can also make coding feel more fulfilling, make you feel you have a purpose, and puts you in the mental state you are achieving something instead of typing away.
Some of these small wins can be completing or shipping a feature, getting a test to pass, or solving a nagging bug. Whatever it is, celebrate the wins whenever and wherever you can get them

Celebrating small wins. A sense of accomplishment, no matter how small the accomplishment, can keep you motivated. It can also make coding feel more fulfilling, make you feel you have a purpose, and puts you in the mental state you are achieving something instead of typing away.
Some of these small wins can be completing or shipping a feature, getting a test to pass, or solving a nagging bug. Whatever it is, celebrate the wins whenever and wherever you can get them
It can be motivating to acknowledge some of the little victories that are made while coding to make your process fun. I also try to build up an attitude of achievement by celebrating my wins.

Back