Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Laravel raises $57 million from Accel

Cpvr

Novice Trader
Staff member
Community Moderator
Credits
Partnering with Accel has allowed Laravel start building a world-class engineering and leadership team that has resulted in Laravel Cloud (demoed at Laracon) and also another product that will be announced at Laracon AU in November.

He also follows up with some important takeaways from the announcement.

First, I’m not going anywhere. I’m still leading Laravel as CEO, and I’m working closely with all of our teams to ensure we’re building the best products possible for our community.
Second, we remain committed to open source. Since partnering with Accel, we’ve hired additional engineering support dedicated to open source development. I also remain the primary curator of all features in the Laravel framework. Inertia 2.0 and our first-party VS Code extension are a direct result of our increased open source engineering capacity. Accel deeply understands open source and developer focused tooling, with previous investments in Sentry, Vercel, and Linear.

Source: https://laravel-news.com/laravel-raises-57-million-series-a

Many developers have said they their employers or clients have not switched over to Laravel because they do not think it's a serious framework or that "php" sucks.

Perhaps this investment will get Laravel the respect and recognition it deserves, which would only mean the demand for Laravel devs will go up.

Back