Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Quora and Reddit

Cpvr

Novice Trader
Staff member
Community Moderator
Credits
Quora and Reddit are two similar sites that you can use for marketing purposes and networking. Quora is more lenient with its rules and doesn’t have subreddits like Reddit. It’s essentially an open playground if you want to promote your site without getting banned.

So, who here uses Quora? Do you prefer to use Quora, Reddit, or both?

I only use Quora when searching on Google and find results that match my query. I use Reddit almost daily for browsing purposes, reading topics of interest, and finding interesting questions that people post in "ask" subreddits.

I have used both Reddit and Quora. Reddit I have used to write and create discussions and Quora I have only ever used to find answers to questions I am looking for when doing a Google search.

I have just taken a closer look at Quora and will admit, it does look interesting so going to take a better look later!

I only use Quora when searching on Google and find results that match my query. I use Reddit almost daily for browsing purposes, reading topics of interest, and finding interesting questions that people post in "ask" subreddits.
There’s a lot more users seeking answers on questions on Quora than Reddit. It reminds me of Yahoo Answers. I use Reddit a lot more though since I can actually filter the fluff posts and find good topics that interests me.

There’s a lot more users seeking answers on questions on Quora than Reddit. It reminds me of Yahoo Answers. I use Reddit a lot more though since I can actually filter the fluff posts and find good topics that interests me.
When I search for questions, Google is good about leading me to places like Reddit, Quora, and Stack Overflow.

Where do you see the statistics that people are asking more questions on Quora than on Reddit? When I even searched the term, "Quora" on Goolge some of the relevant results were "Quora is dead" or "Do people still use Quora?"

I used Yahoo Answers a few times myself when it was around. It was a good site to find most answers to questions.

I haven’t found exact statistics comparing the two, but I came across this article: https://www.enterpriseappstoday.com/stats/quora-statistics.html

- Every day, 3,000 to 5,000 questions are posted by Quora users.
- Quora covers more than 400,000 topics.
- More than 10 million people have viewed the top questions.

I also found this article: https://siteefy.com/quora-statistics-and-facts/

- Since January 2017, 13 million questions have been asked, in total, on Quora.
- 99% of questions asked on Quora get answered.
- 20% of questions get not less than 3 answers.
- 90% of questions on Quora have less than ten answers.
- Two-fifths of Quora questions have no votes from users.
- Over 30% of Quora users haven’t responded to any question.
- 70% of Quora’s population haven’t submitted a question on the platform.

There’s some articles floating around that state that Quora is just for questions where Reddit is basically for everything though.

It makes me wonder how many questions are asked on subreddits such as AskReddit every minute. :unsure:

As it's been mentioned already, I've come across Quora through searches, but haven't used it myself. I browse Reddit from time to time.

Back