Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Writing for SEO: Best Practices

Cpvr

Novice Trader
Staff member
Community Moderator
Credits
Writing for SEO involves several practices to ensure content is discoverable and ranks well in search engines. By following these practices, your website will do well on the search engines. Remember, seo stands for search engine optimization.

1. Keyword Research:
Identify relevant keywords and phrases that your target audience is searching for. Tools like Google Keyword Planner and Ahrefs can help.

2. Quality Content:
Create valuable, informative, and engaging content that addresses the needs and interests of your audience. Aim for originality and depth.

3. Keyword Optimization:
Naturally incorporate keywords into your content, including headings, subheadings, meta descriptions, and alt text for images. Avoid keyword stuffing.

4. On-Page SEO:
Ensure proper use of headings (H1, H2, H3), include internal and external links, and optimize URLs to be descriptive and concise.

5. Mobile-Friendliness:
Ensure your website is mobile-responsive, as search engines prioritize mobile-friendly sites.

6. Page Speed:
Optimize your site's loading speed, as faster pages rank better and provide a better user experience.

7. User Experience:
Design a clear, easy-to-navigate site structure, with intuitive menus and a clean layout to keep visitors engaged.

8. Meta Tags:
Write compelling meta titles and descriptions that include your primary keywords to improve click-through rates.

9. Regular Updates:
Keep your content fresh and up-to-date, as search engines favor current information.

10. Analytics:
Use tools like Google Analytics to track performance and refine your strategy based on what works best.

By following these practices, you can enhance your content's visibility and effectiveness in search engine rankings.

What SEO practices have worked the best for you?

Very educational @Cpvr thank you for sharing! Unfortunately, I have never practiced SEO writing so I can't be of help there. Though I really appreciated a thorough post about SEO and what the best to consider when you are wanting the best results. Thanks again for sharing!

I started writing online on a regular basis in 2010 and I enrolled for SEO course in 2013. Most of my high ranking articles were published long before I knew about SEO. Do you know why? Well, my articles were original and I was focused more on information and quality rather than keywords.

I started writing online on a regular basis in 2010 and I enrolled for SEO course in 2013. Most of my high ranking articles were published long before I knew about SEO. Do you know why? Well, my articles were original and I was focused more on information and quality rather than keywords.
Original and unique content is the key reason you were able to rank high on search engines before taking your SEO course. Without original and unique content, a site won’t achieve high rankings. It has always been the #1 ranking factor.

This is why sites like Wikipedia continue to rank high on search engines: they’re informative and provide in-depth information on certain keywords.

Additionally, informative content tends to attract backlinks from other sites, which helps maintain high rankings.

Very educational @Cpvr thank you for sharing! Unfortunately, I have never practiced SEO writing so I can't be of help there. Though I really appreciated a thorough post about SEO and what the best to consider when you are wanting the best results. Thanks again for sharing!
You’re welcome! 😁

Original, well written, informative are some of the criteria for good content. When your content is good, it has a high chances for ranking. While things like keywords implementations, backlinks, meta tags, meta description can help you rank on search engines, you cannot rank your content just because you have used these things. Even if you manage to rank, your content will be soon pulled down if it is not original and well written.

Original, well written, informative are some of the criteria for good content. When your content is good, it has a high chances for ranking. While things like keywords implementations, backlinks, meta tags, meta description can help you rank on search engines, you cannot rank your content just because you have used these things. Even if you manage to rank, your content will be soon pulled down if it is not original and well written.
Meta tags aren’t a ranking factor in SEO anymore; they were important a few years ago. Many webmasters used to abuse meta tags to rank on search engines, so Google and other search engines decided to no longer consider them as a ranking factor.

However, the title of your webpage is still a ranking factor. Good backlinks from relevant sites will also help you rank well and ensure that you continue to rank well for your particular keywords. Make sure to use different link anchors and avoid using the same keyword repeatedly.

Additionally, don’t just build backlinks to your homepage; ensure you build backlinks to other pages on your site as well.

Interlinking is another major SEO factor. You want your site to be easy to navigate, with your main pages passing link juice to other pages. This is very important as it will help you get your other pages ranked.

Alt tags for images are also vital. The use of alt tags will help your images rank and appear in Google Images, which is another valuable source of SEO traffic.

To optimize your content, use the right keywords and add meta description. This is what will push your content to the potential audience.

Back